Here comes the information about the lectures of each of the five days.
1. Introduction in old and new ASR
An overview of human speech, human speech perception, classic and modern ASR-systems. We will end with an overview of current and realised projects and with some research projects.
2. An overview of what has been done with (Dutch) ASR
3. Recording: do’s and don’ts for your own recordings
If you want to make your own recording, you need equipment. But what do you exactly need? And how do you do the interview? Can you talk "together" with the interviewee or not?
4. Running and postprocessing ASR: what’s involved
End-to-End ASR & Conclusions
Below a suggestion of interesting reading material.
- Speech Synthesis and Recognition, John & Wendy Holmes
- Emotion Recognition from Speech Using Wav2vec 2.0 Embeddings
- WavBERT: Exploiting Semantic and Non-semantic Speech using Wav2vec and BERT for Dementia Detection
- Detection of Prosodic Boundaries in Speech Using Wav2Vec 2.0
- Comparative study of automatic speech recognition techniques
- Towards a Competitive End-to-End Speech Recognition for CHiME-6 Dinner Party Transcription